Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

fantastic! friday!

I can hardly believe how quickly Easter has come this year!  We just celebrated New Year's for crying out loud. One good thing is that all the eggs, candy, and basket grass are bought.

Speaking of all the Easter goodies-- since when did it cost you an arm and leg to fill an Easter basket?  I was at the store and a very small (4 oz.) chocolate bunny costs $4-6. Then it is another $3 for a small package of m&ms. I could go on and on.  There are four candy eating monkeys at my place and it was just overwhelming. 

How do you fill enough eggs to have a fun egg hunt and do baskets without going broke?  

Well, a really nice lady came up to me and handed me some $1 off coupons for Hershey's and Mars candies and then I shopped the clearance section at the Deseret Book to find small religious gifts in an attempt to keep Jesus the focus for this holiday. Also, Target has a FANTASTIC $1 section that had Precious Moments books that actually reference scriptures.  I felt super happy when I discovered those little guys.

So anyway...I just wanted to complain to you a bit. I am certain anyone with children will attest to the truthfulness of my posting and anyone without children-- even though I am bugged, it is super fun to see their faces light up with the surprises. That is why I do what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...