Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

God's Green Earth

Between my class yesterday, errands, and problems, I was down-trodden by 4 p.m.  I needed to do something different than laundry, dishes, picking up the millionth piece of kid junk off the ground, so I went outside. 

Trees are a source of joy for me. I have an affinity for trees and yesterday I pruned the tree in my front yard (yes I am a girl and I have many weird hobbies). Then, I asked a couple of my neighbor friends if they would like me to prune their front yard trees and they said yes. I was finishing theirs and ended up asking more neighbors if they wouldn't mind me hacking away at, I mean lightly trimming, their trees.  After all was said and done, I trimmed eight trees. My hands hurt right now. stiff. sore. How I imagine arthritis to feel like. But the happiness I went to sleep on last night was totally worth it.
Trees give us oxygen to breathe, shade to cool us in the heat of the sun, some have flowers, some have a lovely fragrance (I like pine trees), and they add variety, depth, and texture to the landscape we live in. 

Service is another joy giver for me as well. I do not know what it is, but serving others is a type of hobby in my book. It helps me get my mind off my problems. I get to know people a little better sometimes and I am always wanting to make more and closer friendships.

With Spring here and everything budding, growing and just plain waking up, I feel so thankful for our beautiful world God has given us.  There are people suffering; world hunger is real; death comes at a moments notice; yet, we also enjoy the same reality of birth, growth, renewal, and joy.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post. I like giving service to others too when I don't want to be in my own house, it makes you feel so good to help others and forget yourself and the overwhelming amount of stuff you have to do and or pick up at your own house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, thanks for calling my post beautiful! and for loving to serve too. We are definitely kindred spirits.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us your thoughts...