Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

Politics and the Weather

There is just too much goofy stuff going on the past couple days...our government can't get their junk together without a bunch of drama and Spring does not want to come.
 (plus I am just sick of my messed up personal problems)

I am looking out my window and see snow covering the ground!  Isn't it April and Spring snow is supposed to melt within a bit after falling on all the newly planted flowers and budding tulips? right? Whatever happened to the term April Showers and it mean rain? Really, really strange. Any moisture is great for the water table and for that I am grateful, but I would love to feel warmness for a few months straight. 

Now back to the whole government stuff...
What is wrong with these people?  They nearly shut things down because they don't know how to tighten up the budget in a civilized way. And to top it all off--our lovely congressmen and judges were not going to lose any of their paychecks. big. time. jerks. Where is the accountability in that?
What I hope our country gets out of all this nonsense is a much more fiscally responsible budget and a sense of unity.  If our government will manage our tax dollars more responsibly, we will benefit a great deal in the long term scope of things. We might have some services cut here and there and it might not be comfortable, but I am personally tired of all the billions and trillions of dollars of overspending that we keep putting on a tab that China owns.  I really don't like the whole idea of a communist country owning my future or my children's. 

I want to share a small portion of some words of wisdom from our first president:

Washington's Farewell Address 1796
"...Our detached and distant situation invites and enables us to pursue a different course. If we remain one people under an efficient government, the period is not far off when we may defy material injury from external annoyance; when we may take such an attitude as will cause the neutrality we may at any time resolve upon to be scrupulously respected; when belligerent nations, under the impossibility of making acquisitions upon us, will not lightly hazard the giving us provocation; when we may choose peace or war, as our interest, guided by justice, shall counsel..." 

When pondering on this, do you believe we, as a nation, have such pure liberty anymore? 
My hopeful self wishes it to be so. Just not sure about reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...