Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

a gift on my doorstep

Have you ever found gifts dropped off on your virtual doorstep? I have. Mine came in the form of a link posted to my personal Facebook wall...

It might as well have been Christmas since I cherish memories so much, yet have an extremely difficult time hanging onto them myself. Much of my childhood and adolescence are faint wisps and only a photograph, story, or hard-wired association (such as a particular food or smell) can awaken these wisps into something more substantial. I long to remember any and all of the good, funny, amazing, goofy, ridiculous things I participated in and the following story captures a part of me I hardly remember, but now--because of this story--my brain has been able to conjure up a few more images and details to hold onto--and laugh about:


Savvy and Sage: Wiseguy Wednesday - Irrational Fish Fear: "I discovered I scream the same way whether I'm about to be devoured by a great white shark or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot."

I am thankful to have a BFF, superfriend, bestfriend, tell-anything-to-her girlfriend, should have been my sister, better than a sister, long-time, knows-everything-there-is-to-know-about-me-and-still-loves-me friend, who remembers for me some of my most outrageous moments and tells the tale as if I were some ultra-fabulous female Byronic hero.

Now, my only hope is that I am that sort of friend in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...