Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

Purple Pool Balls

I don't know about you, but I have this thing for playing pool. My dad got me started at a young age by buying a custom table for in our family room. It had leather pockets and bright turquoise felt.  We'd have family tournaments and on-going rivalries between each of us, and then friends would come over and mix things up a bit from time to time. One of my brothers was even the junior high school champ one year. Now that I think of it, I wonder how his grades were that year...

I've never really gotten very good at pool ever, but I am not terrible at it either no matter how long it goes between games. I think it's because playing pool is just part of me. It doesn't hurt that there are two purple balls either. Seriously.

A friend of mine and I played a few games the other day, and it was rejuvenating to talk and play a game I have loved for as long as I can remember.

Do you have a game or hobby you began learning as a child and still participate in as an adult?
Please share--I would love to hear from you.

1 comment:

  1. We built fires in the empty house lot and jumped over them with our bikes; you know the one's with the high backs before they came up with BMX's lol. We were outdoors all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us your thoughts...