Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

Silence



I have learned to embrace silence.
When people are on the hunt for blame and ridicule,
I withdraw
from the madness and lean into self reflection.
I embrace silence.

Searching, wanting, willing someone to be wrong,
Almost like a hunter looking for his prey,
Some people take their victims
With shutting out of conversations,
Twisting words, and demonizing.

No longer human
No longer worth their time
I withdraw
from the madness and lean into inherent worth.
I embrace silence. 

Hoping you might learn to love me
For who I am,
I stand aside
waiting in the silence.
Embracing it.




*Dedicated to every one who has ever stonewalled me.

I thank you for helping me to understand what love is not and to learn how to recognize my worth even in the most difficult of situations.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...