Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

a short and chunky ball of anxiety

A week of school has passed by, and I am chock full of anxiety and excitement. The students are wonderful; my cooperating teacher is amazing; my supervising teacher is encouraging; and all the teachers in the English department are welcoming and kind. I couldn't ask for a better foundation on which to begin, and yet, I still have a high level of anxiousness that I can't shake. Today, my cooperating teacher told me that it will go away once I completely take over all of the classes. And when she said that I only felt more stress. However, she has been through it before and appears to be quite trustworthy, so I am going to take her word for it and try to go to sleep tonight without taking anything to knock me out. 

6 comments:

  1. She is right. I remember that same anxiety...and it slowly melted away as I got involved with the learning of the students and making plans. You will do great. Take a deep breath and enjoy the ride! Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest easy. In a short time you may be asking why you were so stressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We shall all cross our fingers that what you predict comes true!

      Delete
  3. It is hard work and it will make you tired, but your anxiety is natural. Just breathe. It sounds like you are in apt hands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really needed that breathing reminder. I keep on catching myself not breathing deeply enough. Many thanks!

      Delete

Tell us your thoughts...