Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

stepping stones

photo: C.T. Duncan


Papers stacked in piles and piles
A tunnel to trudge through
Upon my desk surrounded
By the wrappings up of a glorious
Time worth more than gold
Exhaustion on mental, physical, and
Emotional levels too high to comprehend
Visions of the year to come
Sneak by as the hopes for adventure
Now, Tomorrow, and Forever
Crowd out all the noise
Lead me out of the darkened hall
Because without love and belonging
Life is simply work
And I want more than that
I want to live for life and
Enjoy the moments that get us through
With memories to bridge the gaps
And make the stacks and piles
Nothing more than stepping stones
To cherishing more of you





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...