Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

Seeking to Become - January 2016



Waiting. That's something that many of us struggle with. From when we are first able to move and speak on our own volition, we learn how well (or how terribly) we tolerate waiting. I haven't been too impatient of a person in my lifetime thus far, yet I know that I stand to improve much in this area.

There seems to be one thing after another for more years than I can count that keeps me striving for more patience. I realize how much I lack during trying times, and I realize why. Patience is a virtue, you know. I want to be virtuous yet seem to miss the mark so often, making this is a vital trait to develop. 

During church today, one of my friends was up at the podium sharing about how many times the scriptures remind us to wait, be patient, and trust in the Lord. I needed to hear these words today. With the new year upon us, I have been reflecting on all the goals I've achieved throughout the past few years, and I have my heart set on this year being another year filled with wondrous improvement and striven for yet miraculous change. 

With this wish of my heart, I realize that I am not in charge of every aspect that needs to come into play, which means I will need to wait; I will need patience. I should say that I will need further patience because this heart of mine has had this wish (albeit in remission for a time) since I was a young girl. Like all true wishes, I will not tell you what it is or it might not come true, but I want to share my hope and faith that I will get my wish because it is a righteous desire. I just need to embrace the journey of attaining that requires waiting with true patience. Loving, grateful, joyful, understanding and wise patience. 

This month, I invite you to join me in cultivating gladness in waiting and remembering that through Christ we can become our best and true selves. 

Included are several scriptures for this month in order to remind and encourage us in waiting on the Lord: 

  • Psalms 27:14

    14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.
    Psalms 40:1

    • 1 I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
      Psalms 62:5
      5 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.
      Psalms 69:3
      3 I am weary of my crying: my throat is dried: mine eyes fail while I wait for my God.
      Psalms 130:5
      5 I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.
      Isaiah 25:9
      9 And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the Lord; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.
      Micah 7:7
      7 Therefore I will look unto the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...