Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

crushed hearts


Looking all around in the middle of the day
I see myself and those I love trying to make our way.
I see us doing what we can to find our joy,
Seeking peace with every effort to employ.

The days wear on, trials rage on, and friends do lend support.
We reach and care and give as we can
Until it's time to take our turn to borrow,
Scraping at time from the bottom of the barrel with import.

Failing hearts dropping all around
To be surrounded
To be mourned
Crushed into a formless mound

How, in these treacherous waters, can I hope
To find someone who will brave the deep
To stay and promise our hearts to keep?
How can I, with this big heart, do anything but hope?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...