Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

church


For the first Sunday of this month, I want to give thanks for church—for my church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, for the ability and desire I have to attend each Sunday, and for what I receive by being part of this particular church.

I was raised LDS, or Mormon, but I haven't always followed the teachings, so to be able to write that I'm thankful for it means a lot to me. I love it. I love the people I meet. I love the leadership I've had over the years that has blessed my life. I love who I am because of the guidance I receive from the things I learn. I make my choices, as I am no robot, so that is all the more reason to love church. I know that I can choose how I want to be.

That choosing has made my life so much better over the years. I have a network of friends and helpers no matter where I've lived to be there when I need something, whether it be spiritual or temporal. I have also discovered how much I enjoy serving others because of this church. It has shaped into someone I recognize so much better than my young adult self.

What exactly do I receive from going to church? I receive so much love and care from imperfect and wonderful people. My children and I have been watched over with so much care. I personally have made friends I wouldn't have even met if we all didn't attend our church.

And you know this is just a small bit of what I'm thankful for as far as church goes. I don't know if I could do it justice in a blog actually. Who I am is able to come forth because of the gospel of Jesus Christ being an active influence in my life. I am grateful for that more than I can say.


2 comments:

  1. I've actually been meaning to attend a Buddhist temple on the other side of town for the last few weeks or so. I have a really hard time with mythology and spirituality in general and it seemed like a benign way to sort of dabble my way into it. My post today is about Family Band! http://joolimammoth.blogspot.com/2017/11/grateful-for-family-band.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems super random, but I'm glad you're getting your feet wet somehow. And I love your band!

      Delete

Tell us your thoughts...