Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

good health


As I type about my gratitude for good health, I am coughing my brains out and have so much sinus pressure that I need to be lying down.

That said, I can more keenly appreciate feeling good and recognize how well we have all been this past year. Yes, my children and I have had some illnesses here and there, but it's all been recoverable types of things. Allergies and stress have been the main culprits around this place, so there is much to be thankful for as those are not so bad considering what some families go through on a daily basis with chronic illnesses.

Reading Tuesdays with Morrie with my youngest just a month or so ago was a real eye opener about the effects of ALS. I cried when I'd try to put myself in Morrie's position. I can hardly imagine the trial of suffering that people go through. I don't really know what more to say about it, so I just won't say more since I don't want to sound ignorant and insensitive.

My point is that I see how blessed we have been to enjoy such good health and how protected we are even in our struggles. Even with a terrible cough and feeling poorly, I am thankful for this body and my children's good health right now. Very thankful.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...