Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

late night talks


It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it makes me happy.

Getting one of my children to open up is not easy, so I love it when a good talk happens. Talking about random things and laughing at life and stupid things are the best. I think a little bit of the relaxed environment can be attributed to being sleepy. Nevertheless, it is so great.

I wonder if my parents savored the times when I would let them into my confused young adult life. I remember my mom being at the ready to help me any time I'd let her. I sure wish I had let her a little more often a whole lot sooner than I did, but I guess that's how life goes.

It was really so good to chat about work and upcoming Thanksgiving dinner and lavender chamomile tea and not wanting to tell me about days off. Gotta keep back a little for their own, right? To feel and be independent.

I'm thankful for every late night talk a little extra because I know they won't last forever. I will savor them now while I can.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...