Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

music


Knowing how musical my mother is, I was probably thankful for music since before I was born. Therefore, it should be no wonder that I write about being grateful for it every single year in some way. But I don't even care—I will write about it again!

Music is perfectly wonderful. I like at least a little bit of almost every single type of music. And if I don't necessarily like a genre, I can usually find something to appreciate within a song or two. When I get a feel for certain songs, I'm just lifted beyond myself. Music brings hearts together, and it draws us closer to God when we listen to uplifting stuff.

With one song, I can be brought to remembrance of a favorite memory or a sad event or fall in love all over again. There is such a responsibility too for watching out to not listen to music that brings us down or pushes out our ability to feel the spirit. That's such a real thing that I don't believe enough people acknowledge, but I'll say that I know music very much affects my spirit, my mood, and my ability to listen to the needs of those around me.

I'm thankful I am able to recognize the power of music.

With all this celebration of music going on, we need some music, so I'll share a Spotify playlist of mine for your enjoyment. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...