Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

straight up legit

Teacher observations are something that I've been through before and done well at. But this one went so perfectly that I think I'll never have a better one in my life.

I teach Digital Journalism, so I need to hit curriculum points for the differing categories that my course falls under for my students' graduation requirements. It's a lot to juggle, I'm sure all the teachers can imagine. As I planned for the evaluation today, I wondered if I would do well or if I'd be seen as a wreck of a teacher. I haven't felt like a wreck, but that someone looking from the outside in thing has provided many a reality check throughout the years!

So anyway. I was given high praise for my "excellent classroom community" and for the caliber of student progress, and so much more. And I just feel so legit. It's the one word that keeps rising to the top, and it's simply perfect. I am a legit professional educator now. It's a fact I need to remind myself when I feel like I don't know what I'm doing.

There is no better feeling than this right now. I needed to be praised for something good and given credit for my efforts. I am thankful for it all too. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you. Enjoy your moment as it seems those perfect evaluations are far and few when everything clicks perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us your thoughts...