Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

my most valuable gems

Since this was meant for inside a private journal, I will take license and interpret this prompt as a poem.
13.

Suzie Kabloozie, an Autumn-born treasure
Provided my first lessons on being a mother
Learned slower than most--seemed at her leisure
Cheerful and sweet, the darlingest ever
Accepting Autism revealed my angel full measure

My Little Buddy, born in the desert
Ready for life sooner than most
Kicked his way out
Hasn't stopped yet
A blessed run for my money

If ever there was a mini-me child
It is Her Royal Highness, my Little "D"
Temperament is caring and mild
Except when she's wild
Then, watch out--nothing can save thee

Mommy's Sweet Guy, so tender and quiet
Came down to Earth after a blizzard
A bookend who teaches me more
Every day as we strive to move forward
He leans on me to show him how far




4 comments:

  1. I love love LOVE this one! Probably my favorite poem of yours to date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Week 13: http://luckbethislady.blogspot.com/2013/04/my-children-my-life.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your description of "D" reminds me of a poem my mom and I used to recite in loving reference to a certain "middle child" in OUR family.

    There once was a girl with an itty bitty curl
    Right in the middle of her forehead.
    When she was good, she was very, very good
    But when she was bad, she was horrid.

    Haha. Oh, how we love our middle children. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A mother's love ~ so beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Tell us your thoughts...