Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

lace


Lace me up, so I can be ready for the day
The long day that is coming on ever too quickly
Tie a bow around the lamppost to help us remember
Remember how we needed each other
And probably still do

The sky never looked so anything but blue
With a heart holding out hope constant, true

Take me on, so we might be ready for the future
The effervescent future that begins the day we start
Find your way around the bend to make it here soon
Sooner the better, darling
The sooner the better

I'll sit down now and write it all in a letter
While my heart holds on for love unfettered





4 comments:

  1. Your poem is beautiful. The title, so creative, works well with it.

    And, congratulations on your first published book! How exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy "The sky never looked so anything but blue" and wish I had it earlier today. The sky in north Alabama was beautiful. Thank you for sharing your poem.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us your thoughts...