Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

delight


Remembering what it was like to hold you in your night
And thinking how your trust was like a bud not yet bloomed,
Affection grows within my soul
As the sun breaking across the valley floor.

Your heart was beating within your chest,
Beating against my chest,
Showing your soft humanity in that embrace
With every exhaled breath.

You gave me something I had not seen,
Something surprising and beautiful,
Something elusive I want to hold onto
Like the instant spring shares itself with me.

These passing days remain a wonder, tangible delight,
In shadow, shade, and burning light.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...