Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

she wishes on the moon instead


I looked across the pale blue sky one night
And wished upon the brightly shining moon
That God might carry your heart to mine
And help us find our way.

I let the wish sit in my heart
And gave it space to rest
That God might carry my heart to yours
And help us find our way.

With hope and heart, I whisper anew
A prayer of gratitude for the kind and gentle
Friendship that grows between these hearts
And shows us who we are.

With careful twist of heart, you hold our breath,
And cause me pause in my stride,
Reminding me to keep on wishing
For us to recall who we are.

Rains have come, yet the sun still shines
Across the horizon as we try
To reach and teach and learn and grow
Our hearts together as true friends.

Wind may blow and torrent blast,
But as I live, I will continue to wish
That God might carry our hearts entwined
And keep us on our way.




1 comment:

Tell us your thoughts...