Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

completely honest


Effort and focus and 

Perseverence carve the way

Before me as I scratch away 

A little here and a little

There to be seen by 

Who knows who but still it keeps

Me at it in the moments when

I could quit. 

I could never speak or write

Another word these days

If I let myself take a minute to

Be completely honest 

About the way life is. 

The silence of absent love

Has become a strange comfort

To my broken heart. 

The hope I always have for 

Someone to be mine has

Been packed away into the space 

I used to hold for hearts

That never were mine. 

And I tread softly around

This space I hold for quiet

So as to never disturb 

The remains I locked 

Away in order to 

Save my precious heart

From obliteration.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...