Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

songs on a breeze

There was a song that floated in on the breeze

Singing of softness and simple things

A fire and some stones to sit around and sing

A window pane telling stories of work and sensitivity


This song has chords, here and there, 

That speak of things that are not soft, 

But they always melt back into harmonious delight

Of lovingkindness and thoughtfulness fair 


The breeze brings with it memories 

And shining eyes with joy and tears

Through to the end, it wraps the notes 

In gentlest of tones that float across the years


Forgetting all the times of pounding out 

The notes on unforgiving keys

Writing a melody with words 

That go unsung 


Who will take these notes that look like words

And give them space and time, allowing them to sing

And bring a lighter, brighter sound

A happier charm, replacing the beating of the drums


Teach me a song I can trust and carry with me

In my heart and on my sleeve

No matter where I am or where I go, 

To show me love is what I know


This sweetness grows on me like moss

So softly hanging on the edge of a pond

I never knew I could touch such pure simplicity 

By caring for these precious souls 


Who offer me each passing day

A smile and care-laced questions

Each day is gained a mutual trust

Respect, and happiness in every song I see. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...