Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

Children and Water


Every time I stop to think about what I am thankful for, I think about my children and fresh running water. 

I always am so grateful to know I was able to become a mother, to be given the chance to try my hand at raising up good humans, and I feel like I am succeeding. No, I am not perfect at this mothering thing, but I do put forth great effort each day to love, learn, grow, and repent of the mistakes and wrongs that seem to be never-ending. Getting to know the people I helped to bring to the world has been a great joy in my life, even if it has also been pretty difficult too if you ask me! What I have found is for all the challenges, we also receive fresh chances to touch pure golden joy that washes over the rough spots of life, clearing away some of the bad. I know this happened with my parents and me, so as I think of my children, I know that the time we spend working to know and love each other will become a beautiful gift despite all the hard things we experience along the way, and I am so thankful for this chance I get to try. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...