Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

domino dancing

There is something to be said for how the dominos tumble on any given day. Some days, it's magical how it all comes together with seeming ease. And then there are days and weeks when nothing goes right and it's all a mess and there's no way out. Pure chaos no matter what you do.

Times like the latter are when I'm at my closest to not making it.

The past weeks, maybe months and years (who really knows until like twenty years from now, right?), have been chock full of mishaps, miscommunications, missed appointments, missing people, missing out, and the list could go on. It feels like there's no way out of this mess. Like the dominos have been set into motion to pin me down.

But then hope sets me free from the game. I don't quite know how I can keep going at this rate, but I do. And I continue to find strength, energy, and even enthusiasm for this life of mine. All this talk though is reminding me that I haven't gone dancing in far too long, and maybe that's what's the matter.




7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that things are so out of whack for you, but happy that you're still finding hope and enthusiasm amidst the messy stuff. I hope you go dancing and find joy there and that the magic of everything coming together with ease revisits you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your imagery of dominos; it does feel that way sometimes, for the good or the bad. And I can empathize with the dancing part, too, as "play" keeps coming up for me these days--not enough of it in my life. I hope you find your dancing shoes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! Dancing and laughter can alleviate our burdens for a while and then they don't seem so heavy. Great post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! Dancing and laughter can alleviate our burdens for a while and then they don't seem so heavy. Great post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Choose hope, and go dancing!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Choose hope, and go dancing!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Tell us your thoughts...