Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

take my heart

We pass notes back and forth
Through the mail
Along the wires
Like school children
But in a higher stakes game

Our lives have led us to believe
That there are more impossibilities
Than anything that could ever actually be
Our dreams lie in the wake of this fallacy

I sense your beating heart
I come undone at its rhythm
Your many layers as they are shed
Break me down and I will not rest
Until we face each other in bare naked humility

Show me your fears
Shed tears as we unravel
The years of brokenheartedness
Lay your trembling hand on my heart

The light between us can push out the dark
For where there is light darkness cannot be
So trust me when I say we can find a way
With hope, faith, and charity
Love will take root and never let us down










No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...