Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

my inspiration



I got news today that The Purple Lady of Santa Maria, CA has passed away.

While I never had the opportunity to meet her, she was my inspiration when I was having my identity crisis as my divorce became inevitable. I thought about how she lived with such gusto for this color and how she made an impression on my young mind as a child that I couldn't forget her even though I had never met her.

From the first time I heard about her, I wanted to make an impact like her. When the divorce began, I wanted to know who I am despite the troubles that plagued me. I wanted to show the world that I could make it and not have to be dragged down by lack of a name to call my own because I would make one for myself. I would write and share my journey with a nom de plume.

The only things I know about that Purple Lady personally are the things I've read on other blogs and old news articles, but I feel like if I could have met her, she and I would have gone on for hours talking about this color that stands out above the rest.

She will always be remembered in my heart for inspiring my heart as a child and then helping me make my way through the treacherous waters of divorce. I might not have my legal identity settled, but my creativity and inner self has always had a name to share with the world because of her inspiration, and I will forever be thankful for her example of celebrating life with purple vibrancy.


Related Links:

Origin of The Purple Lady

A Little Research Goes a Long Way

How the Infatuation Began



4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of the purple lady before, but enjoyed reading some of your previous blog posts. Interesting how we can be inspired by someone we've never met. She has pointed the way for you to a vibrant life. Long live purple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always find it amazing how much we can be inspired by people we've never met. I'm glad you had the Purple Lady in your life! I'm enjoying looking at some of your other postings about her. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about this loss. I always wondered where the name of your blog came from. There is a teacher in my district who has her whole room done in purple. Everything. The baskets. The tape dispenser. The stapler. The walls. You don't live in Denver do you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hoorah for purple and thank you for the lovely links

    ReplyDelete

Tell us your thoughts...