Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

a day off


When I get wound too tightly, I need a break, but oftentimes, I cannot make the time for it. Today was not one of those times, and I am thankful.

I have needed a long stretch of quiet and relaxation for months now. So much going on every day, every week, for months. And so I decided to stop and let myself breathe for a good chunk of the day. I probably should have done more than start my dishwasher and a couple loads of laundry, because that's literally all the work I did for the main part of the day, but I really needed to recharge. I've had so much on my mind and many responsibilities all pressing down at once. So to take some hours to do whatever I'd like really made a difference for me.

Anyone else out there feeling like you have too much going on? If so, I highly recommend taking a day off even if it's just a half-day. It really helps.

I am truly thankful right now that I could spend a little time doing nothing of real consequence.



2 comments:

Tell us your thoughts...