Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

singing with the choir


Since I was a young girl, I have sang in the church choir off and on. It has been part of the best times of my life from a little girl, teenager, young adult, and now in my not young but not old stage. It means so much to me actually.

I've noticed how thankful I am to be able to sing at all since the past several years I've had ear and throat and therefore voice issues. I couldn't hear my pitch for several months before I had a tonsillectomy, and then I just haven't been the same since that surgery. I am sure I'm losing my singing voice, but I hope that by continuing to sing in the choir despite my cracking at times voice, I will hang onto something I love a little longer.

I don't know what I'll do when I can't sing anymore, but until then, I'll just be glad and grateful that my voice holds out for me most of the time still. I love to sing, and I'm thankful for being part of something like church choir that brings the spirit of God closer to the hearts of those who will listen.


2 comments:

  1. Okay I was totally going to write about choirs today too but had to change my plans when I saw this post. We must be on a connected gratitude brain wave! Yours was better than mine though so I'm glad you posted yours first :D

    What I posted instead: http://joolimammoth.blogspot.com/2017/11/grateful-for-youth.html#more

    ReplyDelete

Tell us your thoughts...