Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

After the mournful poem yesterday, I was thinking I really need to stop writing about such negative topics. But every time I get to thinking about how I need to be more positive and write more on the positive things in life-- more stuff happens. So I started pondering on how much of what I write actually has a negative product. I believe writing a really strong poem or even any other writing genre with strong emotion helps me get some of it out and move forward. So maybe it isn't necessarily a negative thing to do. I have also been able to see how what I write speaks to people and helps them to find the words they needed to feel better and/or move on. It actually encourages me to keep writing so openly.

And let me tell you peeps-- I truly long for the day when my poems are not so dang mournful. So anyways...

My life is all kinds of crazy right now. Its title should be: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly:

The Good: Yesterday was my baby son's birthday party and that was really fun, but throwing even the simplest of parties makes life just a tad crazy.

Tiny Crush made her debut at the birthday party...more info to come


He was so happy that his aunt made him a ducky cake and his dad brought over a piñata for him and his friends. The boy's huge smile pushed aside all the storm clouds in my heavy heart. 


The Bad: I was driving my car and I heard this horribly loud banging noise; my battery light came on; the power steering's power diminished significantly; check engine light is on; and, best of all, smoke started coming from the hood. I pulled over and glanced at my sister-in-law with an obvious deer-in-the-headlights sort of look because she just says, Laura, are you okay? I was speechless for a moment. All I could think about was how bi-polar my day had been so far and how it must be time for swinging back to the dark side. 
I didn't think to take a photo of my messed up engine so the busted piñata stands as a representative.

After popping the hood, I got out armed with a junky little flashlight and proceeded to check for exploded hoses or some visible proof to explain what in the world just happened. My untrained, girly eyes could see no problem. I even checked the coolant reservoir and it was full despite the tinge of coolant scent to the steam/smoke/whatever that had been coming off the engine. So, I got back in the vehicle and we said a prayer. Not long after, a small truck pulled up behind my car. Scary, yes. It was dark on a major road out in the middle of farmland. Answer to prayers and so I felt peace, yes. The rescuer was a guy named CalDon who lives just south of me down the road and he felt inspired to stop. Between coasting as far as we could down the road and his mad towing skills, I got home safe. The tow truck came today to pick up my vehicle and I am awaiting the diagnosis. My lovely, paid off transportation might be dead or it might be fixable. Who knows? But it sure isn't going to be pretty on my pocketbook regardless of which way things go. I can hardly keep thinking about it...

The Ugly: Y'all just read the ugly yesterday. If you haven't yet, here's the link: Just Pulled Down River
  
In one single day, good, bad, and ugly parts resided together. I feel like I am some anomaly, yet isn't that how life is all the time? Maybe not so smashed together for such long periods of time like I have been experiencing, but all of them are part of real living. It hurts sometimes. I don't really like breaking down on the side of the road. Parties are fun, yet exhausting. But-- all these things cause me to see my blessings and all the love I do have in my life, every single day. 


So bring it on. All of it. The good, the bad, and yes, even the ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...