Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

who you are

Exuberance is not the word, neither is elation or excitement
I am certain happy isn't special enough
To explain what it is I feel today
Nor can giddy grasp the moment rightly
There is a perfect something that leaps within
Speaking to my soul of what kindness
Can be and should be and is
When it stops to realize who you are

You are the kindness I cannot remember
Because it has been so long
This famine of civility and love
Has parched my heart until it crumbles to dust
Beneath the slightest disapproving touch
You are the sunshine after winter's end
That warms the earth, burns off the frost,
And lights the day until darkness must depart

Beautiful sunshine warming my soul might be just the right words
To explain how you are able to force this smile upon my face








No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...