Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

Seeking to Become - June 2014



Over the past few weeks, I have been contemplating on how to deal with my struggles more effectively. I have looked long and hard at all that is coming at me, who is bringing it on, and how I process everything. I've concluded that right now this part of my life is just a long row to hoe. I can hardly see, at times, what lies ahead of me even a day or two, and my sense of longing for a home for my heart deepens. But I am not left without comforts. Friends, neighbors, family, and classmates keep the candle of hope lit when I don't have much left to give. The goodness that surrounds me makes life bearable and worth living.

The worry that consumes me at times pushes out peace and the blessings of the lovingkindness I receive, so I wanted to find some scripture I could focus on to help me seek faith, and I found it:

"Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he cloth you, O ye of little faith?"
Luke 12: 27-28
To better seek what the Lord would have me do as I struggle to make my way in this world, I must remember that he will take care of me. I must cultivate a stronger faith so I can remember how loved I am—so I can remember that faith makes mountains move.

Please join me in following Christ's admonishment to consider the lilies, remembering that as his children, God will bless us.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...