tears required

Henrietta, Texas
 No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader.
— Robert Frost.

This Robert Frost quote hits home for me.

People always connect with the words I've written when I've had my heart on my sleeve. Never do I get more praise or gratitude for what I write than on pieces where I've cried and suffered as I wound myself to get the feelings expressed.

I wish I were more skilled in writing than having to bleed my emotions through words for the words to jump off the page, but I guess I should be glad in how lucky I am to know how to get those emotions onto a page in the first place.

That is something to celebrate, and I am thankful to be able to feel, write, and love some more.



4 comments:

  1. Sometimes I write to piece together how I feel. I cannot usually separate the two. I think that makes a good writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful quote and really true I believe. I always try to write something that I really feel and hope that it comes across to the reader. You are amazing at getting down what you're feeling, not everyone can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing is sometimes a cathartic act. Writing from the heart is powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crave Freebies for world residents are listed here. Updated daily. Crave Free Stuff to see the latest Free Samples offers.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always a pleasure! Thank you!