Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

friends


Throughout the years, I have had the pleasure of having good friends. I don't usually have a lot of close friends at once though. I don't understand why, but that's just how it goes. My norm is to have just a couple of people at a time whom I'm close with.

It's strange how friendships ebb and flow in order to make room for the next person I need or who needs me. Sometimes, I mourn the loss of closeness with some people, but as I've gotten older, I've come to understand more and more how it is to help and bless me and all of my friends, past, present, and future.

When family fails me, there has always been a friend (or many) there to make up the difference, and I am never left without support. I owe so much of my joy and comfort to friends who owe me nothing yet give so much loving care, compassion, and acceptance. I give thanks to God for helping them to see that I need them in my life and deserve to be loved.

Over the past year, I've made a couple of new friends who have surprised me with reaching out to care for me despite my being so busy. I have felt so valued and seen. They haven't done anything grandiose to show they care, but their kindhearted friendshipping has really meant so much to me. They have brought such joy to my heart by wanting to be my friend.

For new friends and old friends and some of my most precious friends who seem to stick around through every phase of my life, I give great thanks this day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...