Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

sun gets in my eyes

Drawing by C.T. Duncan
You ran so far away that I couldn't find you
The sun got in my eyes 
And I never want to stand in the dark again
There is not time enough to search
Through the rubbish and wait
Always waiting for you to figure things out
Never to know how well it feels
To stand, holding hands, in the sun
With someone who already knows
What I need, what he needs
What we need to carry on 
Is the love we give ourselves
But better because it carves away 
Sadness and pain, making way 
For something more
As we look toward the sun
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...