Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

Seeking to Become - November



O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good:
for his mercy endureth for ever.
Psalms 136:1 

Endeavoring to become more like Christ is a simple act, though, at times, making some of the changes can be difficult. The cultivation of more spiritually-minded habits takes work for those of us who are just establishing our spiritual selves, which pretty much includes everyone. This monthly focus has helped me to realize how much I already know about living a Christ-centered life and how much I just don't do, but want to implement into everyday life.

One essential part of becoming more like Jesus Christ is having gratitude for all our blessings. Simply recognizing what those blessings include can be the initial showing of our thankfulness. There are a great deal of blessings in my life that I take for granted, such as clean water to drink and to wash my body with, yet as I sit here pondering on it, I feel blessed and humbled in this recognition of what I have been given. Too many people in the world, right now, are without this basic comfort. I call attention to this because each person everywhere has much to be thankful for and as we learn to express gratitude to the Father and His Son for the blessings we do have, we might not think so much on what we lack.

Until next time, please join me in working to recognize all blessings and giving more gratitude for them through word and deed. My hope is that by doing so we may better realize His loving grace in each of our lives.

related links:

Seeking to Become: October

Seeking to Become: September

Seeking to Become: August

2 comments:

  1. I love this, wonderfully said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @StickyLittleFingers: I am so glad you enjoyed it. I hope you will share the link with anyone who might be lifted by it.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us your thoughts...