Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

Trying Something New


Since most of my readership speaks and reads in English, I must preface the following blog post. I am currently studying the Spanish language at Brigham Young University if you did not know already. I was given a writing assignment a couple weeks ago to write a mock blog post about something funny and interesting. I actually write a blog, this one, and thought to myself, If i'm gonna take the time to write this thing, it is SO way going on my blog. I am not sure how entertaining it will be, though I truly worked hard to make it interesting and funnyish. I wrote two drafts of it to get it where it is today (with the help of my teacher), so hopefully it is understandable. I am not sure how many of you will need to do a copy and drop into a translator, but go for it. I will be glad you went to the effort to comprehend the post. And most of all, thank you so much just for stopping by. It means so much to me that people read All Things Purple and come back for more. 

¿Quién necesita la televisión? por la señora Violeta
            Hay un evento chistoso que ocurrió la otra noche. Un grupo de amigos se reunió por #DaveWeek y me invitó. Al principio del evento, yo no sabía lo que debía hacer de todos. Pero tan pronto como cinco minutos habían pasado, estos amigos cambiaron mi nerviosismo a la felicidad. La noche se llenó con conversación, risa, chocolate y baloncesto.  
            El lugar donde estábamos no tenía televisiones, pero al mismo tiempo, que no las necesitábamos. Todas las personas estaban hablando mucho, entonces una chica muy divertida empezó a dar su atención al juego de baloncesto entre el Utah Jazz y Los Ángeles Lakers con el wi-fi en sus teléfonos e iPod. El cuarto de las personas cambiaban muy rápido en este momento. De repente todas las cosas que dijeron eran sobre de baloncesto, la radio, o por qué los teléfonos no funcionaron.
            El partido fue muy intenso aunque no teníamos ninguna televisión para mirar. Mientras tanto un grupo en las sillas estaba hablando sobre otras cosas, nos preguntaron sobre el juego a menudo. Mi grupo estaba rellenado junto en un sofá pequeño, mirando al iPod y dos teléfonos, solo para cambiar cada vez cuando unos no nos dan la información.
            Quizás tenía que estar allí para saber que fue chistoso. ¿Pensaba que seguir un partido de baloncesto puede ser divertido por leerlo en un teléfono, o necesitaba mirar en la televisión?      

Muchas gracias a maestra Bean por toda su ayuda con la gramática y la comprensión.

related post:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...