Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

Seeking to Become -- January 2013

Psalm 82:3 reads:

Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

Today, right now, there are many people who fall into the aforementioned categories. I ponder on what I can do with my limited means and reach, knowing there is more that I can and must do if I want to truly keep seeking to become more like Christ.

The words here are not entreating, neither is there any question as to what is being asked of us. The Lord uses the command form in order to give us a directive, not a suggestion. Sometimes that seems harsh, yet it is effective. We know very clearly through this short verse how we are to treat the poor, fatherless, afflicted, and needy.

For the next month, I want to search out things I can change in order to become more sensitive to whether or not I defend the poor and fatherless and work to know what I might do to help the afflicted and needy to have access to the justice they deserve.

Join me if you will.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...