Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

Seeking to Become - October 2013

Something was said during church on Sunday about singing more, and it caused me to reflect on how often I sing casually around the house with my children. I couldn't remember the last time I sang a song just for because.

This hasn't always been the case. I used to sing all the time to my little ones--well, the first two--then, my mom died. I can pin-point when I stopped singing on a daily basis to that event. Losing her so unexpectedly knocked the wind out of me, and I guess, I never recovered in this area.

I've reflected a lot on how everything that happens in life changes us. Yet, I haven't really spent time repairing things that broke down which are worth fixing, like remembering to sing every day.

When I talk about singing, I'm not talking about the sing along with the radio sort of singing--I do that. I'm talking about singing songs that bring the spirit into your heart and home, songs that remind you of where you come from and where you're going.  Growing up in a home where music was continually either being played on a piano, blasted from a stereo, or sung from someone's mouth, it saddens me that I've let a decade slip through my fingers where this spiritual music isn't saturating every nook and cranny of the home I try to keep. So, I decided to seek out some scriptures to help remind me why it's so important to keep singing as part of my everyday life.

Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord.   
Ephesians 5: 14, 19 

Over the next while, I hope you might join me in singing praises that we might seek Christ in meaningful ways.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...