Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

Seeking to Become - October 2012



As we move into autumn and winter, the thought of comfort foods and holidays draws me in and makes me want to seek shelter. There are many kinds of shelter to be after: a physical home, arms of a loved one, a listening ear, invested friendships. All of these provide shelter in the form of comfort if they are sound sources. An ever-trustworthy source of comforting shelter is our God the Father, as well as his son, Jesus Christ, our Savior and Redeemer. They provide the example from whence we should draw as we strive to comfort those around us.

Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4 


It seems as if we all have our turn at being down, yet somehow there is always someone there to lift and to bless us. This thought brings me to introspection about whether or not I take my turn lifting others when I ought to. How long is the lag between when I am able and when I purposefully seek out those who need the boost that I could give them?

I am certain I receive comfort oftener than I provide it. As the month progresses, I will seek to become more like our Exemplar and comfort others as He comforts me. I hope you will join in this effort to be a safe shelter, even a comforter in troubled times.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...