Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

joy quest: new music

A song is just a song unless it strikes a nerve, touches your heart, and/or sucker punches you in the gut. In any of the aforementioned cases, the song turns into a part of you. When you hear it even for the one hundredth time, you remember how it affected you that first time hearing it, and you remember the journey of change that it took you on.

Sometimes a song can mean new things to you as well, so maybe it becomes new after many years. Sort of magical how that can happen, if you ask me.

Some songs are old yet undiscovered by you, making old things new. There's charm in that.

So what does all this have to do with my joy quest? I was introduced to an older song (2000) that is absolutely charming to me. The softness of its melody wraps itself around me like a warm embrace; its words are like a wish I dream of coming true; it is lovely. While it does pinch at me because I don't have anyone to be my person right now, it is a sweet song that whispers of future joy to my heart. It tells a story that I thought I had and still want.

And it's just so charming that I can't help but smile.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally understand how songs can touch us either by recalling a memory, supporting our mood or getting us out of our current one. Or perhaps it motivates us to get through something we are struggling to finish. Like yesterday when I was trying to get through a boring lesson. I stopped the lesson and turned on Shepperd's "Say Geronimo". Fun song. Not really creative lyrics, but it pumped me up enough to push through my lesson. I am so glad you found joy in this older song. Sometimes the oldies really are the goodies. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell us your thoughts...