Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

The Candy Shop War 2: Devoured!

The Arcade Catastrophe (The Candy Shop War, #2)The Arcade Catastrophe by Brandon Mull

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


First off, we all know how much I am in love with purple, so the cover itself was intriguing. The artwork is quality and fun, and the purple clinches it for me. And no, I'm not kidding. We really shouldn't judge books by their covers, but we all do it. And this quick judgment was spot on.

If you liked The Candy Shop War by Brandon Mull, you will enjoy its sequel Arcade Catastrophe even more. The level of intrigue and creativity is pushed farther taking the story in surprising directions.

According to my 13-year old, "The characters have better powers than in the first one." Who needs more motivation to get reading than that, right? Just so you know, he devoured the book in three school days.

In honor of Halloween and Book Appreciation next week, I have a giveaway running on my blog for one copy of The Candy Shop War: Arcade Catastrophe beginning 10/31/2012 and ending 11/7/2012.

Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I received one ARC of The Candy Shop War: Arcade Catastrophe by Brandon Mull in exchange for this review.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...