Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

brightly wishing

I wished upon a star
For you last night
I waited for something
Yet nothing happened
For my trembling heart fears
Your fear as we embark
On an epic adventure
Either together or apart
On the precipice of bliss
Falling hard and fast
I can hardly catch my breath
Reality's brutality catches it
For me
'Tis authenticity at its finest

I realize now how your whispers
Were in the stars
Beckoning
Breaking the silence
For this heart
With many scars
Dipping into life
Right above me
Transported
Our perfect night
It could not last forever
Yet it's brilliance
Remains in me
And you I know
Further up and further in
We must go
To really live
Though love may leave me
Wondering
At the stars leaves me wishing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...