Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

My Muses

I don't know about you, but after having writing prompts handed to me and challenge after challenge being posed, I seem to get burned out. It's as if only air fills my head where words once resided. Over the past couple of days I have spent a great deal of time pondering on what to write about.

What should I write about?! Are you kidding me? Normally, I have ideas spinning for days on end and have too much to write about and not enough time to get it onto the page. I think I need to go on a trip somewhere. I need to meet up with one of my muses or just get one of them on the phone to text or talk, and then I will be filled with words.

I hope you know I'm not joking about the muse thing. It's totally real for me. There are a handful of people who, when I communicate with them via phone or in person, cause a wellspring of ideas and the most fantastic words to come to the surface of my heart and mind. I'm not sure what it is about any of them in particular except for maybe the mutual respect we share as well as the ability to carry on the most diverting conversations.

So anyways, if you know you're one of them and you're reading this--call, text, or tweet so I can find some of my words again. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...