Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

Laura and Oscar: Week 4

Summer

Electric Night
I was sent off to spend the Summer with my nieces who were close to my age, making our relationship more like cousins than anything else. I remember receiving letters from Laura almost daily, in purple stationery, adorned with hearts she drew with an ink pen. I must say I didn’t appreciate those little touches and I wish I had kept all those love letters.

Most of the summer was pretty uneventful. I spent my days watching TV, bickering with my nieces, and waiting for the summer to end so I could see Laura. I also promised her I wouldn’t cut my hair since she thought I’d “look tasty with long hair”. It drove me crazy and I started to look like a middle-aged woman’s hairdo rather than a 14-year-old boy. 

So there I was wasting my summer days. My sister surprised me with a visit to Disneyland. We arrived early in the morning and I couldn’t wait to get in and away from my nieces and my sister. I got along with them okay, but it was starting to get old seeing them everyday.

...to be continued next week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...