Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

Something to think about

It is amazing how one little quote can push you to see the world more closely--push you to reflect. As I read the words "Let the beauty you love be what you do.", I think about how we often set a double standard for ourselves and others. I am guilty of it, too.  Do I act in ugly or beautiful ways?

This also causes me to think about all the beautiful examples I have surrounding me: my Aunt Marilyn who loves me so much, filling a few of the holes in my heart every time I see her; my daughter who is so giving and thoughtful; my best friend who sees a Christ allegory in almost everything; my dear neighbor friend whose meekness I strive to copy. There is beauty all around and I am reminded that we ought not just sit back and observe, but do something with our gifts.

So any which way you take this quote to mean, I hope it also caused you to reflect on what you do with the beauty that you love.

1 comment:

  1. I love this quote. Thanks for reminding me to look for ways I bring beauty to the world.

    Made my day...Thanks!

    Stephanie
    http://boxofchocolates29.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Tell us your thoughts...