Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

Seeking to Become: June 2013

I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

The Acts 20:35

This simple verse reminds me how Christ's apostles lead us by example in following the Savior.  Paul stands not as a hypocrite, but as a repentant soul who strives to follow the gospel of Jesus Christ. He calls to our remembrance that we ought to be seeking out the needy--of spirit and body--and work to help and bless them so we might have the blessings we stand in need of as we give to others.

I am reminded of my weakness right now as I ponder on this verse. I am humbled greatly by the overwhelming amount of support I receive on a daily basis through many means. The knowledge that these supports in my life do not feel as if they are labouring is firm in my mind. Kindnesses come natural for my friends, family, and acquaintances. Somehow somebody, at any given time, seems to know what would help me, and they seize the moment. I hope that I am part of this miracle for others despite my challenges at this time.

If we want to become more like Christ, we must learn to become givers. He wants us to follow his example of giving to all those around us who are weak. I know I can do better in this area, so this month let us focus on "laboring...to support the weak" that we might find Him in the process of serving others.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...