Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

SOLSC 2014: Shakespeare and Roses

Writing is my passion and getting published is a fuel for that fire. Right? But whenever I think about the byline on things I write, I step back and almost don't want publishers to look at me until I figure out what I want to do about it all. I'm holding my breath until I can recognize myself again.

Who am I anyway? All of this identity crisis garbage points me toward Shakespeare when he spoke wisdom through the voice of fair Juliet:
What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
Not that I'm a rose, but I need to figure out how to get past this role reductionist mentality I have been living with and take ownership of this existence. I am of worth with so much to offer the world—regardless of what name I go by. It probably just takes time to iron out stuff like an identity crisis, but I have some things going out to press soon, so I really need to figure it out sooner than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...