Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

SOLSC 2014: The Avatar Battle

I'm really excited about today's slice of life for a few reasons.

The first reason is because I tried something new: I created a book talk. Some of you might not think this is a very big deal. But let me tell you something, it was nerve-wracking to make the video, and now that it's out there all I can think about is how weird I look and sound.

So anyway. Here is the book talk of all book talks:




The next reason I'm excited is because I was able to read an interesting book. I haven't taken time to read something outside of academic reading for way too long. It was refreshing. There's something wonderful about escaping into a good book.

I'm especially excited to tell you that I have a book giveaway for you as well! So after you take a minute to read the review, make sure to enter to win a copy of The Avatar Battle by Chad Morris.

The Avatar Battle (Cragbridge hall, #2)The Avatar Battle by Chad  Morris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The action begins from the get go in the sequel to The Inventor's Secret. Right when you think the tension couldn't get any higher, it does. But the same comic relief from Carol can be counted on. One of my favorite parts about The Avatar Battle is how Carol plays a larger role and we get to know Derick better as well.

Action and adventure set in a futuristic secondary school for gifted students is a magical combination. Thrills and chills and awkward moments for the young people keep the story fresh and interesting.

I recommend this book to ages 10 and up. Even the avid YA Lit reading adult will find this story worth reading.


View all my reviews

Now go to the top of the blog to enter the giveaway! Good luck!




2 comments:

  1. You can read to me anytime! You have a gift for it! (And you don't look weird!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are brave! Kudos for trying something new!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us your thoughts...