Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

SOLSC 2014: Happy

Nothing about today went as planned, but I must admit I was able to let it roll off my back more easily because I feel happier than I have in awhile.

It is so refreshing to have plans that are exciting. And you know what else has been bringing me joy? Writing letters—both snail mail and email sorts. There is something about writing that makes me happy to begin with, but then add a captivating person to exchange letters/emails with and it is pure magic for me.

The weeks ahead have so much work packed into them, but I also have a smattering of delightful activities on the menu to be experienced in between all of those deadlines.

I can't promise to tell all, but you will definitely be privy to any poetry or short stories that may be inspired as a result of embracing life in new ways.

2 comments:

  1. The happiness comes through in your post and it's nice to read! Once in a while I write a letter, and I love it as well. Actually, I have really enjoyed this writing challenge. I always leave writing last on my list, which means it gets cut almost everyday, but this challenge has pushed it to the top, and it has been very rewarding. I don't know if you've already revealed your exciting plans (I'll check some back posts) or if you will spill in the future. It is always nice to have something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing about today went as planned,
    not the way my words were written
    nor the way my songs were sung
    nor even the way this poem flowed
    from the opening lines of a small piece of magic
    conjured up out of nowhere,
    only to come fluttering down like a flower into my hands,
    and what could I do but go with the flow
    and write a poem back in the understanding
    that plans are never meant to stay as planned.

    - Kevin
    PS -- a sort of meta-poem as I steal some lines and make something new-ish.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us your thoughts...