Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

motherhood



Becoming a mother has been transformational for me. I am thankful every day for the things I have learned and am learning in this role. I can hardly imagine who I would be without any children.

There are many friends and family around me who struggle with getting the babies they long for into their homes. And I want so much to take that heartache from them. I imagine it is too much to bear alone some days. 

I do have to say that I have my own little heartache; not being married and realizing that I would very much love to bring another baby into the world create a torture for me as I watch the days, months, and years tick down my biological clock. I haven't really uttered this to many people at all, but now I just fling it out to the world. I don't even know why I feel like I should except for the fact that I know someone might be able to feel comforted by this train of thought I've boarded for the day. 

The point I want to make is that I'm thankful for my sweet children. I'm thankful that I could have them. I am thankful that I have people who love me so much and distract me from feeling the full sting of my wish not coming true. I have a heart full of hope, and I will be thankful for that too. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...