Featured Post

This Phoenix Speaks

Seven years in the making, my first published book, This Phoenix Speaks , is now a reality. The tireless and tiring work invested to ma...

hurting and healing

photograph by C. N.

I want to be friends with everyone
though everyone cannot understand
how in the world can a sinner like me
ever live down whatever it was I once was

how does a sinner like me 
live down what he once was?
when repentance will not come
calling and begging and shoving its way in

into the hearts of the stubborn
fall cries of confusion
then in that dark night
God's light diffuses all doubt

trading black and ugly
for bright and delight
shining in found again beauty
clean and whole and new

different yet the same 
wounded yet healed
once I felt I could never be glad
glad I was wrong and know I am loved

loved by my Savior
and your Savior too
blessed through sacrifice
healed through His pain




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts...